Sunday, June 5, 2011

The last straw?


The Guardian

The world may have to resort to technology that sucks greenhouse gases from the air to stave off the worst effects of global warming, the UN climate change chief has said before talks on the issue beginning on Monday.

"We are putting ourselves in a scenario where we will have to develop more powerful technologies to capture emissions out of the atmosphere," said Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of the UN framework convention on climate change. "We are getting into very risky territory," she said, stressing that time was running out.



No comments:

Welcome to EARTHSPACE...

EARTHSPACE is the best way I could think of to respond to the many, many questions from (mostly) young people who have read my epic story of a drowned world - EXODUS, ZENITH with AURORA to follow - and are left wondering about the future.

'I've read your books,' the emails and letters say, 'and I can't get the story out of my head. What can I do about the future?'

EARTHSPACE is for you.